Key Metrics & Trends
The Economic and Community Development Division of the chamber has identified key metrics to help gauge our local economy: 2008-2016 Metrics.
Entrepreneur Start-up Information
The ABCs of starting a business in Anacortes
Looking to start your own business? Learn the steps to take to create a successful vision and plan for your new vocation. Can’t find the answers you need? Contact your Anacortes Chamber of Commerce for more information on other resources and services.
We are supported by EDASC’s business advisers – call 360.336.6114 to learn more.
- Personal Checklist for Starting a Business – A checklist to help you review your readiness to start your business
- Starting a business checklist – A checklist for starting your new business
- Mission, Vision & Values Template – A template from your Anacortes Chamber to help you develop your mission, vision, and values
- Mission, Vision & Values Checklist – A checklist from your Anacortes Chamber to check and review mission, vision, and values statements
- Follow these Steps to Starting a Business – A guide from the Small Business Administration (SBA) to help you plan, prepare, and manage your new business
- Tips for Creating a Business Plan – information to consider before you start
- How to Write a Business Plan – A resource from the SBA that includes instruction, templates, and other tips for your career plan
- The Lean Approach to Business plans – Fail fast, fail early, fail cheap, on line! How to use LEAN principles to write your career plan
- Articles and Sample Business Plans – Informative articles and free sample business plans from Bplans.com
- Financial templates for business plans – ready made Excel Spreadsheets for creating pro-forma statements to show financial projections:
- Accelerators, contests, programs and deals for start ups – leads for special programs for new businesses
- Crowdfunding sites for start ups – A google search page leading you to all of the sites where you can learn about the newest strategy in funding new businesses – crowdfunding!
Business Compliance Information
- IRS Small Business & Self Employed Tax Center – Offering a broad range of resources across federal and state agencies, as well as industry/profession specific information for self-employed entrepreneurs, employers and businesses. You will also find links to starting and operating a business, employment taxes, tax law changes for business, business-related forms and publications, and online learning options
- Starting a Business in the State of Washington – Links to resources from the State of Washington Business Licensing Service
- Washington State Small Business Guide – The Small Business Guide provides helpful information, links to valuable resources, and outlines the steps for starting and operating a business in Washington
- Free Business Resources to organize and prioritize your employment needs from the Economic Development Association of Skagit County
- Skagit County workshops training and educational opportunities
- Commercial real estate brokers
- Commercial lending
- Accounting and bookkeeping
- Business consultants
- Financial planning
- Advertising and Marketing
- Business directory for all services
Community Demographics & Statistics
Licensing, Permits, Incentives
- City licensing
- Building Permits
- Planning and development
- Liquor Permitting
- Skagit County Health Department
- EDASC Incentives
Available Commercial Property in Anacortes
Looking for a truly professional office space with every detail thought out? This is the space for you!
Each office has a deadbolt lock, extra insulation for privacy and noise alleviation, an individual heating and cooling system that you control, and is wired for high speed fiber internet services.
The building includes a large conference room for tenant use, an elevator, ADA and standard bathroom, shared kitchen space, centralized waiting area for your clients, amply parking, and secure building entry with keypad access.
The location offers maximum business exposure with the building located on Commercial Ave.
There are several office sizes to choose from and will be move-in ready October 2019. Deposits are currently being accepted to hold your office space. Call Mary Staley for more information and to set up a tour: 360-420-9274.
Promotional ideas for attracting customers
- Build Your Business by Retailing to Tourists
- Create Promotion Commotion
- Downtown Business Success
- Hints for servers to earn more TIPS
- Marketing Brainstorming Ideas
- Promotional Brainstorming Ideas
- Strategies for Downtown Retailers
Find out on the latest Neighborhoods program how Anacortes offers residents and visitors their own slice of paradise. Click here to watch the video from Comcast, and read more about their experience on our island.