Anacortes boasts an expanding, diverse public art collection and many festivals that happen throughout the year.
Art in Anacortes
- Anacortes boasts an expanding, diverse public art collection in locations ranging from public buildings, to waterfront settings, to parks and forest lands. Thriving arts organizations offer year-round programming in theater, music, visual and literary arts. The Anacortes Arts Commission website describes the many public art projects to be found here.
- The First Friday Gallery Art Walk is held the first Friday of each month in downtown Anacortes from 6:00 to 9:00 pm. On these popular evenings visitors and locals enjoy art in or many lovely galleries and often end up dining in one of our award winning restaurants.
- Live music and entertainment can be enjoyed four or five nights a week in Anacortes – check out these businesses and venue sites: Anacortes Rockfish Grill, H2O, The Brown Lantern and The Heart of Anacortes.
- Anacortes Community Theatre is an intimate venue that seats 114 patrons for its main stage performances. Each season features six shows of all genres with nearly 10,000 total seats available.
- Fidalgo DanceWorks‘ mission is to provide excellence in dance education and performance for all – they accomplish this by offering 58 dance classes weekly for all ages and abilities, and by presenting 3 performances each year at Brodniak Hall. Check out their website for a complete list of classes and events.
- Early April – For wine enthusiasts, the Anacortes Spring Wine Festival brings 30 wineries, eight restaurants, plus chocolates and cheese to pier one overlooking the scenic Guemes Channel in early April.
- All of April – The Skagit Valley Tulip Festival runs the entire month of April with events and bloom viewing. Downtown Anacortes businesses host a quilt walk all month long.
- Mid to Late April – Art in Bloom features fine art shopping, an auction event to support Anacortes Schools, a 5k Color Run, and more!
- Late April – Vintage Market at the Port of Anacortes Event Warehouse
- Mid May – Don’t miss out on the Anacortes Boat & Yacht Show! Featuring close to 100 boats in the water, plus other vendors to help you with all of your boating needs.
- Early June – The Anacortes Waterfront Festival celebrates the nautical heritage of Anacortes with a fun, family-friendly event, which runs the first Saturday and Sunday in June at the beautiful Cap Sante Marina.
- June – Bark in the Park, hosted by the City of Anacortes
- Mid-July – 10 blocks of treasures can be found at the Annual Shipwreck Day on the third Saturday in July.
- July – Kids ‘R’ Best Fest, hosted by the City of Anacortes
- Early August – In its 6th decade, the Anacortes Arts Festival, is a celebration of arts in all forms. The festival runs the first full weekend in August each year. Plan to stay for the weekend and enjoy one of the area’s longest running festivals.
- Early October – Taste hand-crafted brews at the Anacortes Bier on the Pier, a two-day event during the first weekend in October on Pier One.
- Late October – Vintage Market at the Port of Anacortes Event Warehouse