Key Metrics & Trends
The Economic and Community Development Division of the chamber has identified key metrics to help gauge our local economy: 2008-2015 Metrics.
Entrepreneur Start-up Information
The ABCs of starting a business in Anacortes
Looking to start your own business? Learn the steps to take to create a successful vision and plan for your new vocation. Can’t find the answers you need? Contact your Anacortes Chamber of Commerce for more information on other resources and services.
We are supported by EDASC’s business advisers, with free and confidential appointments available the fourth Friday of each month in Anacortes – call Kevin at 360.336.6114 to learn more.
- Personal Checklist for Starting a Business – A checklist to help you review your readiness to start your business
- Starting a business checklist – A checklist for starting your new business
- Mission, Vision & Values Template – A template from your Anacortes Chamber to help you develop your mission, vision, and values
- Mission, Vision & Values Checklist – A checklist from your Anacortes Chamber to check and review mission, vision, and values statements
- Follow these Steps to Starting a Business – A guide from the Small Business Administration (SBA) to help you plan, prepare, and manage your new business
- Tips for Creating a Business Plan – information to consider before you start
- How to Write a Business Plan – A resource from the SBA that includes instruction, templates, and other tips for your career plan
- The Lean Approach to Business plans – Fail fast, fail early, fail cheap, on line! How to use LEAN principles to write your career plan
- Articles and Sample Business Plans – Informative articles and free sample business plans from Bplans.com
- Financial templates for business plans – ready made Excel Spreadsheets for creating pro-forma statements to show financial projections:
- Accelerators, contests, programs and deals for start ups – leads for special programs for new businesses
- Crowdfunding sites for start ups – A google search page leading you to all of the sites where you can learn about the newest strategy in funding new businesses – crowdfunding!
Business Compliance Information
- IRS Small Business & Self Employed Tax Center – Offering a broad range of resources across federal and state agencies, as well as industry/profession specific information for self-employed entrepreneurs, employers and businesses. You will also find links to starting and operating a business, employment taxes, tax law changes for business, business-related forms and publications, and online learning options
- Starting a Business in the State of Washington – Links to resources from the State of Washington Business Licensing Service
- Washington State Small Business Guide – The Small Business Guide provides helpful information, links to valuable resources, and outlines the steps for starting and operating a business in Washington
- Free Business Resources to organize and prioritize your employment needs from the Economic Development Association of Skagit County
- Skagit County workshops training and educational opportunities
- Commercial real estate brokers
- Commercial lending
- Accounting and bookkeeping
- Business consultants
- Financial planning
- Advertising and Marketing
- Business directory for all services
Community Demographics & Statistics
Licensing & Permits
- City licensing
- Building Permits
- Planning and development
- Liquor Permitting
- Skagit County Health Department
Available Commercial Property in Anacortes
Simply Yards and Design: Reservation Road
12375 Reservation Road, Anacortes
- 10,000 sq ft building
- Three phase power available
- Fiber optic available
- Traffic controlled intersection
- Great visibility
- Tenant improvement available
The City of Anacortes seeks companies who wish to establish themselves in Washington State and contribute to the economic growth of Skagit County. With 9 acres of ready-to-build light industrial zoned land ready to be developed now and an additional 33 acres available for future growth Willette Business Park meets current and future business needs.
Willette Business Park is ideally located on HWY 20, near I-5, with rail spurs, the deep water Port of Anacortes, the WA State Ferries, and NAS Whidbey all close by. The site provides convenient access to Skagit, Island, and San Juan counties. The land is zoned light industrial.
The City of Anacortes understands the importance of well developed infrastructure. Willette Business Park has access to two million gallons per day of potable water through the City of Anacortes water utility water, sewer, natural gas, fiber optics, and power. Street improvements were recently completed.
In addition to providing attractive lease rates to businesses, the City of Anacortes is a great place to live and work. The community is business and family friendly with affordable real estate; a mild climate; non-existent traffic problems or crime; a well-educated work force; excellent schools and quality healthcare options that are all located on beautiful Fidalgo Island. Taxes in Skagit County are lower than in most other areas of the Puget Sound region. Outdoor activities such as hiking, rock climbing, skiing, fishing, boating, jet skiing, camping or golfing abound. Local street fairs, festivals, shows and celebrations contribute to the community. Willette Business Park in Anacortes, Washington is the place that a business and their families will want to call home!
Contact us, and we’ll be glad to give you a site tour or provide any help you need to make a decision to come grow with us.
Emily C. Schuh SPHR
City of Anacortes
(360) 299-1941 phone
(360) 299-1982 secure fax
Promotional ideas for attracting customers
- Build Your Business by Retailing to Tourists
- Create Promotion Commotion
- Downtown Business Success
- Hints for servers to earn more TIPS
- Marketing Brainstorming Ideas
- Promotional Brainstorming Ideas
- Strategies for Downtown Retailers
Find out on the latest Neighborhoods program how Anacortes offers residents and visitors their own slice of paradise. Click here to watch the video from Comcast, and read more about their experience on our island.