The Anacortes Waterfront Festival 2017 dates are:
Saturday June 3rd 10AM-6PM
Sunday June 4th 10AM-5PM
Waterfront Festival Kick-off Dinner
Friday, June 2, 2017 6:00PM
The Annual Waterfront festival dinner celebrates the eve of the community Waterfront Festival. There will be presentations from local talent with a focus on bringing the community together to support our annual celebration. Tickets are $50 in advance. The evening includes dinner from Gere-a-Deli, festival presentations, and dancing.
for more information contact the Port of Anacortes at 360-293-3134
Events and Activities at the Anacortes Waterfront Festival
2017 Dates: Saturday, June 3 from 10AM-6PM and Sunday, June 4 from 10AM-5PM
Click here for a full list of vendors & entertainment schedule
Click here for a map of the festival layout
- Free Boat Rides – Brought to you by the Anacortes Yacht Club. Get there early on Saturday and Sunday for a free boat ride in the waters around Anacortes. The first boats head out at 10am each day. Sign up starting at 9:45am at the gazebo by the Marina office for your ride. Much thanks to the Anacortes Yacht club for donating their time and use of their boats for the community event!
- Quick and Dirty Boat Building Demonstration – Coordinated by the Anacortes Small Boat Center, teams work form 10am-3pm on Saturday to build boats out of limited materials and then demonstrate the floatability. Click here for rules and sign-up form. All proceeds from the entry fees and judging goes to help fund ASBC’s long-term goal of a permanent small-boat facility in Anacortes. Click here to watch a video of the boat building and demonstration.
- Trail Tales – Self Guided Walking Tours of our Working Waterfront – Stop by the information booth to get started.
- Model Boat Show – Hosted by Skagit R/C Ship Modelers.
- All Corvette Car Show Saturday June 3 – Contact the Majestic Glass Corvette Club: 299.9303
- Custom Classic Car Show Sunday June 4 – Contact the Majestic Glass Corvette Club: 299.9303
- BlackJack Squadron – Formation flyover in honor of D-Day
- Channel of Discovery – Educational displays where you can learn about boats, the waterfront and more
- Children’s Area – Free activities for children and pay-for-play features
- Build a model boat with Fidalgo Island Rotary
- Make puppets for the Parade of Species with the Anacortes Arts Festival on Saturday & Sunday
- and Much Much More!
Click here for a map of recommended parking areas – please drive slowly and watch for pedestrians!
Plaza Dance at the Depot Arts Center
Saturday, June 3, 2017 – 6PM through 8PM
Come down to the Depot Plaza on Saturday, June 3, 2017 from 6pm-8pm and enjoy an all age dance under the stars. The Plaza Dance (aka the Fishermen’s Dance) is an old tradition of the Anacortes community which staged big band concerts to welcome the salmon fishing fleet on summer weekends in the 1930s. We are bringing this dance back and invite the whole community to come out and enjoy the food, music and dancing. We also want to invite the community into the Anacortes Maritime Heritage Center for an open house celebration on the night of the Plaza Dance.
This event is FREE and is open for anyone and everyone to attend. Light refreshments will be provided, beer and wine will also be for sale thanks to the Anacortes Brewery.