Historical Anacortes on the National Register

Historic Anacortes

Anacortes Museum

1) W. T. PRESTON (snagboat)
Listed as a historical place on March 16, 1972 (#72001270)
Anacortes waterfront, R Ave., at foot of 7th St., Anacortes

2) Anacortes Museum (formerly the Anacortes Public Library)
Listed as a historical place on October 21, 1977 (#77001357)
1305 8th St., Anacortes

3) Causland Park
Listed as a historical place on May 7, 1981 (#81000589)
8th St. and M Ave., Anacortes

4) Deception Pass
Listed as a historical place on July 16, 1982 (#82004285)
Rte. 20, Anacortes (also extends into Island County)

Anacortes Art Depot

With ornamental trees in full bloom, spring is a particularly beautiful time of the year to visit the Depot Art Center at 7th and R Avenue.

5) The Art Depot (formerly the Great Northern Depot)
Listed as a historical place on November 5, 1987 (#87001935)
R Ave. & 7th St., Anacortes

6) Fidalgo Dance Works (formerly the California Fruit Store)
Listed as a historical place on November 5, 1987 (#87001949)
909 3rd St., Anacortes

7) Marine Supply and Hardware Complex
Listed as a historical place on November 5, 1987 (#87001943)
202-218 Commercial Ave. & 1009 2nd St., Anacortes

8) LA MERCED (a schooner that was built in 1917)
Listed as a historical place on April 17, 1990 (#90000588)
Anacortes Waterfront off Oakes Ave., Anacortes
At Lovric’s boatyard on the north coast of Anacortes, the hull of the boat is used as a breakwater.

9) Wilson Hotel
Listed as a historical place on December 15, 2004 (#04001369)
804 Commercial Ave., Anacortes
Built with bricks made at See’s Brickyard of Anacortes, and designed by Pickles and Sutton of Tacoma. The style is Romanesque with masticated stone bases, rounded windows and roman arches. In 2007, a restoration & earthquake retrofitting was completed. The Wilson currently features retail on the main floor and housing on the upper floors.

Comments are closed